Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eradicated

MicroLogix 1500 - connect via Channel 1?

4 posts in this topic

Allen-Bradley as well as MicroLogix family is something completely new to me. Anyway, I have the following question. I have a MicroLogix 1500 PLC which has to be re-programmed. It has two serial ports, Channel 0 (round-shaped, 8-pin, DIN connector) and Channel 1 (standard DB9 socket). The current software in the PLC makes use of the Modbus Slave mode at the Channel 1. I do not have the dedicated programming cable with round, DIN connector so I would like to program it using a standard DB9-DB9 cable. Now, the problem is - am I able to connect to the PLC using Channel 1? I know that there is a 'default comm parameters' switch, but it only affects the Channel 0. Is there a way to temporarily default the Channel 1 parameters as well? Just for programming? Or maybe I am able to connect to the PLC despite the fact that it is in the Modbus Slave mode on that port? Or do I have to buy the dedicated cable and program the PLC using the Channel 0? Edited by Eradicated

Cable(s) are not that expensive, see link.. http://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-micrologix-cable-serial-1761-cbl-pm02-straight/

You are correct that the Default Comms function affects only Channel 0. There is no way to change Channel 1 to default without also erasing the program in the controller. Your only option is to purchase that cable. Every engineer and technician who has worked on MicroLogix controllers since 1995 has at least one.

Thank for your informaion. etui galaxy A5 coque samsung galaxy A5 Edited by gear-bored