rswolff

FX2

6 posts in this topic

have a very old FX2-32MT........battery went south (after 23 years!!!) and processor lost program. Connecting using FX-Win.....I can read or write plc, but I'm unable to place the unit into run mode. The selection from the plc menu is grayed out as well as the Option menu plc mode setting. If a do a plc diagnostics I see a communication fault being indicated? I also tried GX Developer with similar results. Could be I'm using Windows-7 (with a physical serial port)......I'll be trying Windows-XP (also with a physical serial port) and I also have a very old Windows-98 laptop available. Yup.....it has an actual physical serial port too!!!! Any other suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Hmm... At primary stage, I'd recommend to use these set of utilities for reading and writing. It can help to make clear a PLC type, with which this PLC identifies itself now *. * The type stores in special memory cell of PLC.

Doesn't the FX2 have a dedicated 'run' terminal that must have 24vdc on it. It's been a long while since I saw one.

Hi RSWolf, There are several ways to set the PLC in run/stop. 1) By using the small flip switch under the cover. 2) By activating the RUN terminal (if applicable at your model) Connect V- to the RUN terminal. 3) by using special markers in your software. Option 3: M8035 is a forced RUN/STOP mode M8036 is a forced RUN mode by activating this special internal function inside the PLC program. M8037 ia a forced STOP mode by activating this special internal function inside the PLC program. M8037 resets the PLC RUN state if this was set by using M8035 and M8036 signals. Ergo, you can try to force M8035 or M8036 to 1 to activate the RUN status. I hope this is clear enough. I've never done this before myself however I knew this is possible in the FX family PLC's so I looked it up in the FX programming manual (in Dutch...) Mayby try some seaching with Google to have an Englisch version avalaible. (search key could be: PLC Mode M8030-M8039) Best regards, Theo V. Edited by Theo V

hi , i have Mitsubishi Fx 2N series plc. i want to communicate that with plc.. i want to prepare it's communication cable ..   can any one help me in his regard by sending wiring diagram at naseer.izar@gmail.com 

Naseer look at the wiring diagram provided in the following forum thread: Home PLCs and Supporting Devices Mitsubishi sc 09 wiring diagram The wiring diagram is useful for creating your own but I would recommend purchasing it. If your PC does not have a serial port consider a USB to serial adapter for this cable.