Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest TBANG

VB.NET and RSLINX

5 posts in this topic

I have an application in VB 6.0 that uses DDE with RSLINX and I want to update my application using VB.NET but I understand DDE is not supported in VB.NET what can I do to get the address values from the plc? Do I need to use a tag database, with another driver?

I believe you'll have to use a custom control to implement DDE with VB.net. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhaminisys/ddclient.html

Does anyone have any good VB web sites they would recommend? I am just starting to learn about using VB to communicate with a MicroLogix 1500 along with my DVT cameras. Hope this isn’t hi-jacking the thread. Thanks, Bob O.

With VB.NET you will need to use OPC communications, do a google search for RsLinx, OPC and VB. I have used OPC comms in VB6, but I understand it is a little different in VB.NET?? I am curious of the differences...anyone know?? Keep us posted if you find anything... Looks like RsLinx will support .NET with version 2.5.. RsLinx ver2.5 Edited by TechJunki

Yeah, it looked like RSLinx V2.5 would be .NET compliant; however the only version that will be compliant is RSLinx SDK (software development kit). It evidently contians some .dll's or .ocx's that enable you to build custom OPC topics for .NET applications.