Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Transfering Supervisor Runtime from Memory stick to PC

5 posts in this topic

Hi, Woder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with Supervisor. I like to build the programme on Developer on my personal lap top and then transfer it to my companys end of line computer. I do this by saving it on to a memory stick, but when I download it on to the Computer the Runtime will not install, so I have to redo the programme on the end of line computer. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this as it it inconvenient to the operators on the line if I use the Computer for so long. Peter

What do you mean with "I have to redo the programme" ? You mean rebuild? Which file(s) do you transfer and what program version of Supervisor is installed on the end of line computer? (Runtime or Developer?). The runtime file is the *.sr2 (I believe). You should open this file with the Runtime executable on your end user system, not the project files.

Hello, I build the programme in Developer and as you correctly say then try and run it in Runtime, but it always refuses to run saying Runtime Build Error, but if I compile the programme on the end of line computer saving all the pages to the c drive then it runs okay.Wondered if the run time only recognises one drive only. Regards

It sounds to me you are using the "Save runtime as" function instead you should be using "Create runtime install disk". See attached explanation from the users manual. It creates a *.rec file next to the *.sr2 file which is necessary if you want to run the project on another system. Pages_from_User_Manual.pdf

Ok many thanks will try this tonight at work Peter