Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harry998

E series queries and macros

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, Im currently working with some e series hmi's and the beijer manual isnt the best in the world! I have an analogue numeric value the user inputs to set a timer and a touch button that starts the process. I can set a limit on the value so the operator cant input a value that is too low but when the hmi boots up the time setting defaults to 0. Is there anyway to link the 2 functions so pressing the start button with a low value in the timer does not start the process but displays an error message? Also can anyone explain how the process for making macros works? Thanks Harry

Hi Harry998, I think your HMI is ok but the timer value in your PLC program is not retentive. If your timer is fixed you can use a constant (T0-K100 for a 10 Seconds timer) If you use a D-word to enter the value of the timer this D register needs to be in the range that holds the value. If you change the timer D you also have to change the D in the HMI. Which D registers are retentive is depending of the used PLC type FX or A or Q-series. Check for the manual to see what is the range. Best regards, Theo V. Edited by Theo V