Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickO

Easy Modbus : Hardware Requirements

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have recently downloaded the Easy Modbus application on this site. Reading through I see it state the need to use CP1W-CIF11. We have CP1W-CIF01. Will this run ok for this application. I am taking it it will, and that the CIF11 has only been stated due to the requirement to connect to more than one node. In our application we are only connecting to one other node other than the CP1 plc we are using. Thanks for any comment in advance. Cheers

Yes, I've used Easy Modbus with CP1W-CIF01, communicating with only one node.
1 person likes this

You will need to make sure that the slave you are communicating with is RS232 as well, otherwise you will need a 232-485 convertor. Most slave devices I have come across support RS485, hence the reason maybe the CIF11 was spec'd. Not too mention, the CIF11 is easier to wire, no soldering required....

Yes. CIF11 or CIF12 are typical, because most Modbus/RTU devices are RS485. Modbus/RTU is really media independent, and can run on RS232, RS422 or RS485. Modbus is just a protocol, where RS(Recommended Standard) 232, 422, or 485 is just an electrical wiring standard.