Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodrgio

Cx-Programmer & NB-Designer

11 posts in this topic

HI I have a CP1L-E and NB, and I can not make the communication between the two. The question is, CX-Progammer is necessary to say that there is a NB? For the NB gives this error (PLC Response Error) Thanks a lot

You may have to set up the link in the PLC serial port with CX-P. The serial port defaults to Host Link, 9600, 7,2,E. Edited by BobB

I have a connection for Ethernet IP, and this is for the Serial port 1 and 2

I don't think the CP1L-E supports Ethernet IP. You have to use FINS protocol.

The serial ports do not use Ethernet at all - only Ethernet uses Ethernet. My last post was for a serial connection. Yes, if you want to use the Ethernet port it will have to be FINS/TCP connection. The PLC defaults to 192.168.250.1.

Bob, I thought that was how the -E that I installed a while ago worked, but didn't have a manual with me at the time. I don't understand why Omron brought out new models that don't support Ethernet IP like the CJ2M does. I wish they would settle on one protocol and stick with it!!

From what I am led to believe it is only a serial/Ethernet converter, like the plug in one for the CP1L. It is annoying that they do not do the same think all the time. May have something to do with marketing?

They have....FINS. All of the Ethernet and EtherNet/IP ports support The FINS protocol.

Mendon, the CP is a lower model CPU than the CJ, so it does not have all the same capabilities.

I am well aware of the model structure. My gripe is that no two models have exactly the same Ethernet configuration! It seems like Omron should be consistent between models. The CP1IL-E (or better yet CP1H-E) would be an excellent solution to the notably missing remote I/O on the CJ2 IF it supported tag based data links. Yes, I know it can be done with FINS, but it is a real PITA to do it!!