Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ownlee

Omron Network Configurator Safety DeviceNet RPI

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone! I am new here so let me quickly introduce myself. I am a recent college grad and was hired on in the automation sector. Right now I am working on a MIG Weld cell using the *latest and greatest* Omron PLC, NE1A, and DRT2 DeviceNet modules. Also there is Motoman DX200 robots to mention. Long story short. The original Network Configurator was setup with 4 Safety DeviceNet Modules which was used for relays. These relays would tell me the status of the older DX100 robots (zones, e-stop, deadman, standstill ect). Now we have the DX200s and they have a built in Safety DeviceNet modules. So I had to update the Safety DeviceNet Network and delete all of the modules we were using before. My main question is if the RPI of each device is somehow being automatically updated as I drag it in. On the old file it shows that the RPI of each module was about 360ms. Which I know isn't true as that is a very long time to recieve and then react to inputs and outputs from that device. My network currently for the DX200 is 141% on the 500kb/s line. I know that this is showing me that I am calculated to using 141% of the network's bandwidth at that speed. However should I be concerned? Is this a true depiction of the systems usage? I don't play around with RPI's but from my backups of the programs I see that the network's bandwidth for the old cell is slow? Is offline different than online? I am trying to read up on everything but I thought I would also ask this question here.