Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

G5 Servo Stopping in Jog Mode

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a G5 motor R88M K40030H S2 and a Servo Drive R88D KN04H-ML2 These power a SMC Ball Screw. I have programmed okay to move the Ball Screw 320mm in auto and runs okay. My problem is when I try to utilise the Jog Circuit. Obviously the position at Jog is different from normal In Out so when the Ball Screw exceeds the position returning home it overloads. What is the best way to stop the Ball Screw on its return in Jog. I know you can use a Deceleration Stop and there is a input Origin Home Sensor but not sure which way to go. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks Peter

to add to my post. I have managed to get the ball Screw to stop using the Deceleration Stop bit. I am trying to get the Origin Search working and am using a reed switch in the Home position using Internal Latch Input 2 which shows up on CX Motion NCF when it makes but I not sure how I should set the rest of the parameters in CX Motion Axis Setting Areas. Basically I want the Origin Search bit to come on when the Ball Screw is in the rear position so that I can stop a fast speed Jog without overloading the Torque on stopping. Thanks