Automate

Setting up Omron 3G3MX2 VSD with encoder feedback

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has set up a 3G3MX2 VSD with encoder feedback before? As soon as I change P003 parameter to 01 (Encoder feedback pulse) and give a RUN signal, I start getting an error E81.3. I did match the P/R setting to the connected encoders P/R and P004 is set to 0 which is the Single-phase pulse train. If you could share your opinions on this, that would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Edited by Automate

In case you did'nt look in the Manual: Error 81 is for: Excess speed. The 3 is for the inverter status at this moment: At constant speed. Maybe a bad encoder wiring, or probably you forgot to enter a parameter. (P011 maybe) Edited by pfort

Thanks for your response. I did check the error description earlier and probably I may have to double check my encoder wiring as you've indicated. I will let you know once I've done that. Also, I had set the P011 parameter already, hence, the P/R setting matches the actual encoder P/R. I've just re-wired my encoder connections and from the factory defaults, I've just changed the P003, P004 and P011 accordingly and it's all working now. Thanks for your help mate! Edited by Automate