sramaraju

CJ2M CPU32 SERIAL COMMUNICATION ISSUE

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having an issue with Omron CJ2m Cpu32 serial communication. I'm not receiving the data from pc to plc. sometimes during the production. When I recycle the power its working fine. Is there any Flag to reset the Serial port and clear the buffer on Cj2m VPU32. I contacted tech support and they told me to use A526.00n to clear the port. But I think A528.00 is not for CJ2m cpu32. I'm new to Omron programming and serial communication any reply or response would be helpful. thanks in advance.

A526.00 is the serial port restart bit. A528 contains the serial port error flag bits. See section A-3-2 of the W473 manual.

CPU32 does not have an on board serial port. How is the PC connected? To an CJ1W-SCU## unit or a CP1W-CIF01?

Sorry I am using A526.00. I posted it wrong.

I don't see any external card on the plc please check the attached image.

Therefore my question, how is the PC connected? The CP1W-CIF01 is an serial communication option board in the CPU and does not show up in the IO table. A526.00 is the correct bit for serial port restart, both for the CJ2M-CPU1# series which has the serial port built in or for the CJ2M-CPU-3# combined with a CP1W-CIF01. Setings for the port can be found in PLC settings. Some more info here (although designed for the CP series PLC this option board is also comptabile with CJ2M) http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1257

Pc is just a standard RS-232 (It parses the commands it is sent once it receives a CR/LF). No Host link/ Fins etc. Eg; For the PC to perform an inspection it is sent a 1 with a CR/LF and It responds with a 1 digit numeric code with a trailing CR/LF.

In that case, A526.00 should be the reset bit. You can turn it on with an @SET and the bit will turn off automatically when reset has been completed.