PdL

FINS Gateway 2003 CLK service not starting WinXP

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I have a system running Fins Gateway 2003 with a Controllerlink PCI communications board. Running fine for some years. Until today, the PC was rebooted and since then the Windows service CLKPCI_UNIT0 keeps hanging on "starting". There are no problems reported in device manager. The PCI board itsself looks healthy. Tried a few things linke re-installing the board drivers and FGW2003 software to no avail. Any tips?

Have never seen that before. Physically re-install the board perhaps although I guess you have tried that as well. Can you restart it manually?

Same here Bob, never seen this myself too. I have to kill the process first in task manager, after the "start" option becomes available, but the same thing happens. The computer sits on a ship and I am not really comfortable having the engineer on board opening it up, it's a Omron Dyalox computer.

Have never used a Dyalox. Still strange. Sorry Pim - no idea.

Thanks Bob, I am also out of ideas. As the PC is worthless anyway now, I might just have them try open it up and re inserting the board...

OK so we got a spare computer installed with new PCI board and everything is working fine again, therefore I can conclude the PCI board or Windows install in question must have been damaged.
1 person likes this