Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissi

Modbus Master RTU with digital inputs

2 posts in this topic

Hello together, this is my first posting here. You have an nice and useful forum and I hope you can help me with my small probem. I am searching for a small PLC with min. two digital inputs that act as Modbus Master RTU over RS485 (8 Databits, no parity, 2 Stopbits) half duplex. It only have to support function code 6 .(more is OK but not needed) The device should be connected to a Modbus Slave and by setting one of the digital inputs it have to write a selected value to a register (40XXX) by using FC 06. If the digital input is . not setted it have to write an other selected value to the same register. It is also possible to realize it with two digital inputs setted alternately. I have found a device I can use at WAGO.com (WAGO I/O series) but it is expensive and the software also. If somebody have a tip, a link or something else please let me know. Many thanks Christoph

The DL05 and DL06 PLCs from Automation Direct PLCs can be Modbus RTU masters. If price is your primary consideration, the DL05 prices start at $99. The DL06 starts at $199 but it includes easier to use serial read and write instructions in its function set. http://www.automationdirect.com