Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linhvct

NB-designer software

24 posts in this topic

Dear all, It is the first time I use NB-designer to create a HMI programme for NB5Q, and I meet a problem about the bitmap and vector graphic library. Infact, my project requires some icons which do not include in bg&vg lybrary. I try using "add new bitmap" funtion but its result is just a "non-graphic" space. Could anyone tell what I did wrong? And how to make it? Thank you! Best regards! Edited by Linhvct

First, choose the Draw pulldown and choose New Graphics. Define a size (does not really matter what size, but this does define the aspect ratio). Choose Bitmap, select the number of states (2 for simple ON/OFF light) and give it a name as shown below:

post-19500-0-13385600-1355537999_thumb.j

Then choose a state and right click on the state and choose Load Image. (You could also just draw on the state using the drawing tools, but you asked about adding images.)

post-19500-0-71410900-1355538006_thumb.j

Repeat the process for each state, choosing different images. You then end up with something like this:

post-19500-0-72932400-1355538013_thumb.j

Then, close the drawing by clicking the lower of the two X buttons in the upper right hand corner. Then your new button will show up as a Bitmap option when you try to add a switch as shown below:

post-19500-0-85797100-1355538022_thumb.j

Make sure to Uncheck the Vector Graphics checkbox. If both Vector Graphics and Bitmap are checked, the Vector Graphic will be displayed.

1 person likes this

Thank Michael Walsh! It's very helpful.

Dear Michael Walsh, There's another problem about bitmap image that I meet after success in adding a new bitmap graphic. That is the image could not keep its shape when it is applied in small size. First, I creat an image by drawing it by CAD. Then, using "export" function in CAD, a picture is generated in bmp format. Second, I use Corel Paint software to crop the necessary area. And the last, this final picture is added to bitmap graphic library of my NB project, follow your guide above. But when I resize it on screen to about size of W20xH30 and download the screen to NB HMI, it loses its shape. Some lines and area are missing. Would you please tell me how to solve this problem or how to create a bitmap graphic correctly? Thank you!

I believe I've seen this problem on other HMI software. I'm not sure if there is a solution in the HMI software but I will suggest this... First determine the exact size of the image that you require on your HMI. Then resize the image to that size in Corel Paint. Most HMI software does not have the quality of rendering images like Corel does.
1 person likes this

Thank IO_Rack! I'll try it

bitmap image is a raster image, you should have a program that can load, create an convert bitmap. how about this bitmap software sample codes. give a try, then you won't have error display images.

Dear Michael Walsh, Why after I installed NB Designer and when I try to upload the data from NB7W-TW00B, my USB cable can't connect to the HMI. My OMRON HMI USB drivers not detected and after updated in device manager says "This device can not start. (Code 10) '. Is there an error on install NB Designer? Best regards, Edited by Totok Bian

Did you manually browse for the driver?

Yes I've for many time, but after finished updated still says not working properly, my friend said maybe it's cause I used bad NB designer, it is true?

I have seen where an extension USB cable has caused problems, but I have not seen a case when the software would not work.

Hello, I have the same problem than Mr. Totok Bian. When i try to download (with a NB5Q-TW00B) with usb cable, it give me a error (can not inicialize the driver). I try to reinstall the NB Designer (i tryed with version 1232 and 1310) , i tried reinstall manually the driver, but without succes. I tryed serial comunication with cable for HMI nt20s but i don´t know if is ok. I can not find the pinout cable for nb series with PC. Do you know the pinout? And do you know if exist another usb driver for NB designer? Tanks

Please try the attached procedure to recover the use of the USB port. NB Disabled USB Port.pdf The pinout for the serial cable is

Hello, Tankyou. I conect the HMI with the cable, and transfer the files that you said. But the problem persist. I can not use the usb driver. For know i can transfer project by serial comunications. tanks a lot :)

After updating the firmware in the NB, did you recompile the project and then download using the serial cable?

Hello, Yes, i update the firmware and recompile the project, and download using the serial cable. But when i put the usb cable, the driver fails. I tried install it manualy, but it give me a error like : ´it can not be inicialized (code 10)´

Hi all, I have problem with "Add graphics". When I insert picture into State0 and "Save to System graphic library". If I want to choose graphics from system library I can´t see them. I can see only black shape without picture. Solution is quickly and simply ! You have to compile project (Ctrl+F7). Done and graphics is visible

dear all,i am using to NP5SQ series hmi ,i  have a one problem in after download the hmi.  display to initial plc error how to rectify this one please help me 

senthi, your post has nothing to do with NB Designer software.  Please create your own topic which is for your question, do not post on a non-related topic.

Good day, do you know an app or online webpage that could generate vg and bg files from bmp or jpg files? or does nb-designer read these image formats?

You can add .bmp files to a button, see the second entry above.  I have fixed the images in the entry. It will show you how to do so.

Hello from Denmark, after I have been working with NB-Designer for about a year now I rand into a problem yesterday, after a Download to a NB7W-TB00B there wend BAD, the interactive locked up, according to  the manual there is a reset on the backside. This will just reboot the display, I need more reset it.

Where do I find info on how to recover from a bad download?

How do I reset to "Factory Default"

regards

Kim Seligmann

Edited by Kim-KA1WCC

Hi , I just use NB_Designer for my project and I need to show a text list on HMI. I made text list at text library but by which object I can show a text list with more than 10 different states