kaiser_will

Fast Large File Upload (FTP) Site Wanted

4 posts in this topic

There are times I need to upload large files for customers to gain access to in the field. DropBox FREE is horribly slow (10 hours for 2 GB upload). What fast FTP sites have users found out there?

I would guess that it's your ISP's bandwith that's the problem. I experience no issues with the upload (or download) speed of my dropbox. However, Dropbox does, in automatic mode, limit itself to 75% of your total upload rate to make sure it doesn't "kill" your network for other apps. So the first thing is to be sure that your upload rate is good enough to ensure a faster transfer. The second is to remove the Dropbox 75% limitation: https://www.dropbox.com/help/26 16hours/2GB upload will be appr. 0,444Mbit/s upload rate at 75% of your total upload rate, which is appr. 0,592Mbit/s total upload rate. If this is way off your given upload rate from your ISP I would contact Dropbox.

I am using OneDrive. It is very fast and able to upload large file. I am a satisfied subscriber of OneDrive. You also can try it.

We use amazon S3 services for this. I have a mac so the expandrive utility also makes this much easier. I am regularly loading up files of 150GB with no issues.