Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Kindorf

EZ-Touch to C More Conversion

6 posts in this topic

I have an EZ-Touch Screen that has failed, and I am replacing it with a C More screen. I have the EZ Touch program saved with Ez Touch Software version 3.14-A, which should convert to a C More *.eap file, but it will not. Anybody know what the issue may be, or if has had any luck doing the conversion?

Hello I beleive the last version for conversion was 3.1. You may have to use an older version that was sold by Automation Direct. In the past I was lucky enough to be able to upload the programs from the touch screen, with an earlier version of the sortware then convert it. The following is from the Help File of C-More. C-more is designed to convert any EZTouch project created in EZTouch Edit version 3.1a. It is simple to convert your existing EZtouch projects in the C-more Programming Software environment. To convert an EZTouch project to a C-more Project, follow these steps: From the C-more main application screen, select Start a Project on the Quick Project Toolbar. In the Step 1 window, select Read from Disk. In the Select Project Location, Browse for and select the location of EZTouch Project folder: typically C:\Project Files\EZTouch\Project. From the drop down list, select the EZTouch project ( .ezt file ) you would like to convert. Select OK. C-more will take a few seconds to a few minutes to convert the project depending on the project size. Your project is ready to edit, simulate or send to your C-more panel. Note: Your EZTouch files are not altered. The C-more Programming Software converts them to one file that is save as a .eap file the next time you save your project. If you would like maybe post the project and someone with earlier version might be able to convert it. But it does not always work I am told. Tom Edited by Tom

Do you have an older version of Ez-Touch software. Tom

If you would like to post the project and someone with earlier version might be able to convert it. But it does not always work I am told. Tom

Problem solved... The version I have on my desktop PC didn't work, but the version I have on my laptop did the conversion with no problem(even though they show that they are the same). Go figure...