Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scarypod

ConfiguratorFDT

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have V2.1.0.6 ConfiguratorFDT I have V1.2 DTM (the latest I believe) for the CJ1W-PNT21 (V1.06 or any that I try) I am connected to the PLC through the Ethernet/IP port I can connect to it, download to it, read the diagnostics but.... I cannot UPLOAD the configuration from it. I get a DTM fault V1.2 as shown in the attached image. Has anyone else suffered this or managed to upload parameters successfully? If so, HOW is it done? Cheers Stevie

you cannot scan the profinet network connected to the Ethernet port of plc. you have to connect your pc to the profinet network e.g. connect pc to switch, pnt21 (as part of plc) to switch and profinet distributed IO to the switch. then press scan (if I recall correctly) in cx-fdt and you'll get all your profinet devices on the list so you can configure them (give them names and addresses). regards Edited by tashinz

Thanks for that Tashinz. I have already configured a Profinet system on a different machine in the way you suggested with no problems. However, I need to work on another machine that I don't have the config file for. I could rewrite it but there are about 50 devices on there and don't want to reinvent the wheel in this case as the machine is already running. Any ideas????

As I understood once from an Omron tech, it's not possible to upload a configuration from an PNT21...

Just confirming what PdL has stated. This is from the Cj1w-pnt21 quickstart

Yes, it appears that is definitely the case. I am rewriting it as we speak. I'll back it up onto a platinum encased thumb drive and lock it in a vault. Cheers for your help Stevie