Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manowar

CJ1M+ETN + Two NB7W Display

10 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a problem with communication failing. I have the configuration as below: - CJ1M CPU11-ETN - 2 x Display NB7W The connection is made through ethernet Now the problem is: if I connect just one display, everything is OK When I connect the second display (different IP, different FINS port) the communication problems start. It looks like one display is interfering with the other and vice versa... Is there somekind of sollution to use two IP displays with one plc? Best regards...

Try this maybe: http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1554 in this example the cp1 is used but the same should be for cj1. regards

I don't think they need to be different FINS ports, they should all be the same

Thanks Tashinz. Great link. I was thinking to do it this way. But I dont know how to copy all screens from one HMI0 to other HMI1.... So I didn't use this method. If you know how to copy all screens with all variables between screens please write to me how. Thanks again.

Hello. I think I got a way. It is important NOT to set password for project. Otherwise the files are incripted... Procedure to copy one display to another: - Make Project with HMI0 and make pages... - When all pages are completed add HMI1 to project - Exit NB Designer - Go to project folder - In project folder copy everything from folder HMI0 to folder HMI1 - In folder HMI1 rename copied files HMI0.lg and HMI0.whe to HMI1.lg and HMI1.whe - Open file HMI1.whe with notepad and find the following line (in the beginning) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <HMI Name="HMI0"><LogoFile>.\HMI0\HMI0.lg</LogoFile> - Change to: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <HMI Name="HMI1"><LogoFile>.\HMI1\HMI0.lg</LogoFile> - Save file -Open NB Designer and set all the IP and other stuff for both displays And you're done... Best regards...

It gets complicated with var tags... You have to delete the names and work only with addresses... Then you have to export / modify / and import events, and other databases. Also the settings for HMI1 goes to default. Not a good solution. Anyway.... On another forum mr. H. Brück OEE-D stressed out NODE numbers of displays. If you upload the same project on two displays you also upload the same node number. And I believe that THIS IS THE PROBLEM. Will try in the morning and I will let you know. Best Regards.

Yes. The problem was in the same NODE NUMBER. You can upload the same project on two different displays. BUT... YOU HAVE TO SET DIFFERENT NODE NUMBER FOR EACH DISPLAY. THAT'S IT. Best regards.

manowar, I am very interested. Were you able to make a project with one display in it and then load that project on two displays that are running on the same network connecting to the same plc? I have some questions about this that I hope you can answer. Do both displays have the same ip? Both displays have the same node when you load them, you then connect and change the node on one of them? Do you need to remove the other display from the network to be able to connect to the HMI that you want to change the node on? Regards MMB

Hello. I hope that you solved your problem, since I haven’t been on forum for quite some time now. Anyway... You create ONE project for both HMI-s. ******HMI1******************************************************************** Then you click on "Communication settings" Then you set the IP addresses for PLC (for example: 192.168.1.50) Then you set the IP addresses for HMI (for example: 192.168.1.51) Then you set NODE NUMBER FOR PLC (in my example NODE=1) Then you set NODE NUMBER FOR HMI (in my example NODE=2) Save Project COMPILE-->UPLOAD TO HMI1 ******HMI2******************************************************************** Click on "Communication settings" Then you set the IP addresses for PLC (for example: 192.168.1.50) Then you set the IP addresses for HMI (for example: 192.168.1.52) Then you set NODE NUMBER FOR PLC (in my example NODE=1) Then you set NODE NUMBER FOR HMI (in my example NODE=3) COMPILE-->UPLOAD TO HMI2 And you’re done. Best regards. Edited by manowar
1 person likes this

...wow. I love simple solutions. That is so simple I'm sure I would never have thought of it. Thank you very much!