Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miller

RSLogix 5000 S_Curve not giving Output

2 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody, I am using a Compact Logix L33ER and RSLogix 5000, with the Enterprise Toolkit. I am trying to create a simple Ramp Function to change the Frequency Output to my Networked Powerflex 525. I created a tag "Ramp" with the type set as S_Curve. I have the Ramp.EnableIn bit on, I am moving my Target Speed (in Hz) into Ramp.In, I am moving my Accel Rate (in s) into Ramp.AccelRate, and my Decel Rate into Ramp.DecelRate. The output bit (Ramp.Out) is not changing. I tried creating a Function Block Diagram and doing a JSR when I wanted to enable this block, but no luck, I still cannot find a way to get the output to ramp to the value. Any idea what i'm missing here? I'm not sure if it's a flaw in how I'm calling the Function Block, or if I'm missing a variable somewhere, I haven't found anything helpful in forums, User Manuals, Online Books or the Help... Any ideas to try would be appreciated. Thanks! -Jacob

I've only used the s-curve once in the past, but I'd have a look at 2 tags within it, JerkRate initialize Set the jerk rate high for now (9999). I believe you can use this to control the rate of change, but I did all my calcs in another block and just passed the values in. initialize will hold the output at its start point. This can either be set to 0, or have a bit of code to turn it on/off when the s-curve is being used. Hope this points you in the right direction.