Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elfo106

AD04U usage

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, As you may notice, this is my first topic. I've done just a few projects with omron plc's but this is the first time that I try to read a thermocouple. To do this I'll use a AD04U. The thermocouple that I'll be using is type J. As I don't know how to deal with this and I don't have any hardware yet to test the software, I would like to do some questions about this if you don't mind. According to the information I found in omron website, the type J thermocouple reads temperature in the -100 to 850ºC range. Considering that this unit will be set to be number 1, the input 1 of the card will send me values in the address 2001 between 0 and 4000 regarding reading between -100 and 850ºC. Is this statement correct? My goal is to read temperatures in the range of 0 to 300ºC. Is it possible to change the configuration in order to receive a value between 0 and 4000 for this range of temperature? How? Thank you all for your help!

Hi, Never used that unit but a good way to quickly check the memory areas without wading through the somehwat overwhelming Omron manuals is to select your IO unit in the IO table, set the unit number and check the adresses indicated. It seems you can set a zero and range span to scale the range of your sensor value. In my example I set the unit no. to 4.

Hi, Probably you believe I'm bad mannered. I've been traveling and I haven't thanked you yet. Thank you! You were very useful.

I would be very interested to know how the AD04U works out for you when you get it all set up. I have an application that uses a mixture of current loop and J thermocouple inputs that I am planning to try it on.

Thanks for getting back! Glad it worked for you.