ianreeves

GT1055 and Barcode Reader

5 posts in this topic

HI, does anyone have any hints for using the GT1055-QSBD with a RS232 barcode scanner. I've set it up on channel 8 in GT Designer and to write to Buffer D1000. The scanner settings are correct and it works on a PC set the same as the GOT ( 9600,8,N,1.) I've used the scanners before on other GOT units with no issue. I do note the 1055 has a lot of missing options, I assume to use a ASCII input assigned to the correct D register, but unlike the better panels it's missing the Barcode or RFID options in the extended tab. The system signals are all disabled so not set to disable the scanner. Any hints please :) Thanks Ian
1 person likes this

I should add that in the end it was an easy fix. The reader wasn't set to return <CR> or <LF> after it's read. So the GOT was still waiting.

Hi, Ian. Have you worked it out? Does it work well now?

Hi Ianreeves Did you have connect GOT with PLC? Did you select option: Read directly input to object? If you select Yes ==> You don't need setup address in here, but you need setup mode input data for address. If you select No ==> you must be setup in system information to reset flag via Barcode reader (bit 6)

On 11/10/2014 at 2:17 AM, ianreeves said:

HI, does anyone have any hints for using the GT1055-QSBD with a RS232 barcode scanner. I've set it up on channel 8 in GT Designer and to write to Buffer D1000. The scanner settings are correct and it works on a PC set the same as the GOT ( 9600,8,N,1.) I've used the scanners before on other GOT units with no issue. I do note the 1055 has a lot of missing options, I assume to use a ASCII input assigned to the correct D register, but unlike the better panels it's missing the Barcode or RFID options in the extended tab. The system signals are all disabled so not set to disable the scanner. Any hints please :) Thanks Ian

Hi, ianreeves.

I have trouble same to you.

You done your project?

Can you explain to me or give me your sample.

Thank you so much.