Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendaiyu

Questions about InView Messaging software?‏

3 posts in this topic

Hi, guys, we want to make a small project with InView Messaging software and Logix 5000 using Ethernet. Could you tell us where we get find some user/configuration manuals about InView Messaging software, because we never touch it before? And could you give us main ideas about following questions: 1, when the tag “pump_on.0 “ is ON, we want to show the massage “The pump is ON” on the marquee. How can we make it up? 2, how can we transfer the time/date on PLC to the marquee and keep them synchronous? 3, if the value of integer “parts_account” is XXX on PLC, then we want to see the massage “We already built XXX parts” on the marquee. How can we configure it? 4, how can make it happen? E.g. Messages “Welcome time/date” and “ We already built XXX parts” display on the marquee in a continuous loop. But when tag “pump_on.0 “ is ON, only show “The pump is ON”. Until this bit is OFF, we will go back to the loop. Since we have not got the manual yet, the toughest issue is we do not know how configure a logic connection to control displays on the marquee by logix 5000 and InView software. Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day!

Allen-Bradley has some freeware on their support website. http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductSelector.aspx?crumb=111&toggleState=

Since Rockwell list InView as a legacy product, I assume they don't make them anymore. However, if you have one, I may be able to help. I only have experience with the basic model 2706-P22R using the ethernet/ip interface module & ControlLogix. If you have a different setup, I may not be much help. The InView enet/ip interface is not straight-forward to set up.