Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hello. Are there any PLC's that can operate in "extreme" temperatures, let's say -40(-30) ÷ +70(+75) °C (-40 ÷ 167 °F) or near that temperature? Thank you.

not sure what size plc we are talking about. you should have better luck with small ones like Siemens Logo! and specially SIPLUS version which is designed for outdoors installations and extended temperature range.

I know your post was a while ago but I have been in Northern Alberta and the middle of Wyoming cold starting 9030's at -45 degrees. I have also been working in Mexico with the same racks/configs when the air con broke in the building and the systems still worked fine ambient was 100 degrees on average plus electric components in the cabinets must have had temp in cabinets quite high. I have always had problems with moisture control vs temp control with GE Fanuc products. Cheers

If you purchase the "Conformal Coated" products from GE Fanuc you will not have moisture problems, they also have "extended temperature" products available in nearly all module types. The 90-30 has been around since 1990 and has a lot of options and ruggedness. You can check it out at www.gefanuc.com/support