Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fanuc lr-mate 200ic help

3 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Ray and I am new to these forums. I am currently a student working on reprogramming a machine involving a fanuc lr mate 200 ic. However, I cannot get the robot to boot at all. The start up screen appears on the teaching pendant and says "please wait" but never changes. My guess is that the encoder batteries died and the robots files were lost. Anybody have any other ideas, or solutions to problems like this? Maybe a software backup file of some sort. I will post a picture of the screen tomorrow when I have some spare time. thanks

I have not worked on that model Fanuc, but if it has the same type of controller and TP as my RJ3 controllers, then try booting to the cold start menu. I forget the keys...two outer keys on the top row. That will take you to a boot menu, and if that works, and you can navigate and clear faults and such, then it would seem to indicate that the robot software has been lost. I am not sure how it is backed up on your machine, but from the boot menu, provided you have the robot software available, you can try to restore it. No, the encoder cannot cause this problem but a faulty TP cable can. I would start there, check the connection clean it, carefully seat it, boot it again. Failing that, you will need access to Fanuc manuals and start looking at the controller status indicators to figure out if there is perhaps a power supply issue or failed control board. Also, get the F-number from the robot, call 1-800-IQ-Robot and talk to them. They will want to sell you support but may give you some free advice, I am not familiar with that model, what is the controller model number? Edited by OkiePC

Hey RAY, -I would start with the cheap route by checking for loose cables or bent pins. But unfortunately, you might have a problem in your MAIN board. -DON'T take the batteries out with the power off. -Try to get to the BOOT menu -Turn pwr off -Press F-1 and F-5 while powering up, that will get you to the BMON (boot monitor menu) also--- what is the number code on the Main in the control box (0-7)