Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrtsen

lenght calculation with encoder

4 posts in this topic

Hi all How to calculate carpet of lenght by using encoder-I want to use Siemens s7-300 plc for this job also if possible could you send me sample program Thanks all

If you know the number of pulses per revolution of the encoder and the size of the wheel touching the carpet it's a simple mathematical calculation. Say for example it's a 3 inch wheel and 1000 pulses per revolution. You can divide the number of pulses by 333.33 to get a number of inches. Of course if the encoder is on the axis which is spinning a roll of carpet, as it unrolls and the diameter of the roll changes that is a far more complex calculation. But if it's on the actual moving carpet the method I mentioned should work.

thanks Crossbow It is my high school project so the number of pulse per revolution of the encoder 512 and it will connect to the gear of motor and the gear ratio is approximately 20 ,when the motor is started the encoder will pulse from back of the gear to plc ,if possible I want you to get a sample plc program thanks

School you said?