Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harrison_paul

Plc's for industries benefits and limitations

3 posts in this topic

Hello there, I am currently doing a paper on what benefits a PLC system could bring to an Automation industries, however am not on here looking for some one to give me a quick answer but am a bit lost in what i should be looking to write about with the PLC system being such a big topic also i feel i need to be a lot more technical information with in my write up which is another point am struggling on. Any help i would be very thankful for. Paul Harrison.
1 person likes this

A couple quick Internet searches will turn up tons of information about the features and benefits of PLCs over old relay based control systems.

It really depoends upon the industry you are targetting and what sort of control is required. For example I do a lot of swimming pools and use Omron PLCs. I also use lots of screens that are remote from the PLC. If there is motion control involved I would be looking at the newer Omron PLCs with EtherCat comms to the motors etc - fast as. I also do a lot of generator work and the requirements there are totally different - comms are really important to all sorts of devices and I often have to do heaps of floating point maths. Can you indicate in which business sector you are looking? It would be helpful for people to give you some advice.