sopar

PLC Password

13 posts in this topic

Hai All, I have proble on the PLC (CJ1G), this PLC used on the Wrench....When I operate the wrench...the indicator lamp of the Digital Output already light...but there is no voltage on the terminal of Digital output... And I want to ask, how to know the diagram ladder because the supplier of the wrench dont gived PLC Password to us...can I see the diagram ladder without password? Thank you....
1 person likes this

The only way that you can see the program if it is password protected (that is, read only mode) is if the machine builder gave you the program without the password in it. Then you could monitor, but not change it. If he did not give you the program, then you cannot view it.

Your problem is not the program. If the output light is on but there is no voltage, then check the wiring of the output module. If power is properly applied to the card, and you still have no output voltage, perhaps that output has failed. Common if it's a relay and it has exceeded its lifespan. You either have a failed output or a wiring issue.

But we all know it is always a software problem LOL!
1 person likes this

Yeah, I guess that I should have read that more carefully. I jumped right to the password protection issue without reading he rest of it...

Yes, but if the output is defective, the OP will need to transfer the software to the replacement PLC, so it remains the password protection issue.

Why replace the PLC? With a CJ1G the output unit can be replaced on itself. I even think replacing the CPU is possible with the flash card Easy backup function (dipswitch 7 on the CPU) when the program is protected. (not sure however)

Did not read carefully the PLC model. Edited by Sergei Troizky

No worries! Still interested to know if you can transfer the UM protected PLC memory to a replacement CPU with easy backup/transfer function and CF card. Because the files on the card will still be protected I think it should be possible. Anyone can confirm?

PDL, If the files are not already on the CF card (by the original manufacturer), then it depends upon how they set up the UM Protection. See below: The UM Protection can prevent using the CF card if the highlighted option is chosen. Thanks.

Thanks Michael! Off topic: I was wondering, does the memory card also saves a Protocol Macro from an SCU unit?

Thanks Michael for pointing that out