Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damper

GSV help!

3 posts in this topic

I need some advice on the GSV instruction in RSLogix 5000. I’m designing a project that is going to have a FlexLogix processor and a remote 1794-AENT ethernet adaptor. Evidently I need to ‘talk’ with the remote chassis all times but, I do not want a major fault is I do not have communication with it, so I disabled that option in the ‘Module Properties’ screen. Is it possible to use a GSV instruction to see if the communication between the processor and the adaptor is in a ‘true’ or ‘false’ state? The goal I’m trying to accomplish is to display an alarm on the HMI to notify that it needs attention, but ‘keep on trucking”. Also, please tell me if this is correct. I’ve used a GSV instruction to pull the battery status (Class Name: FAULTLOG, Attribute Name: MinorFaultBits, Dest: X). I’ve use a DINT tag for X. In series is the GSV, XIC (X.[10]) and an boolean OTE. So, if the battery goes low, would this make my OTE energized?

See pub 1794-rm001_enp.p chapter 2, in the GSV use Class Module instance the (name of the adapter) Attribute Fault Code. Also read the fault codes from the adapters manual.

Yes your battery status should work; here is a screen shot from a L-61 program: THOXSIS_MinorFltWord is a DINT