Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryll

Instruction difference FX3G vs FX3U

5 posts in this topic

Was a bit disappointed yesterday when I started to write the code for a FX3G CPU. Tried to make a tiny system a bit cheaper for one of my best customers, so I bought a FX3G instead of the FX3U I use as a standard in his systems. I noticed very soon that some of the instructions used in a structured text formula wasn't implemented in the 3G CPU. So instead of a nice short formula to calculate the evaporation and condensation temperature of NH3 from its pressure, was I forced to write a big memory consuming "look-up" table. Is there a list of what instructions FX3G doesn't have, but FX3U does have ? Searched for a while yesterday, but couldn't find any clear answers. Guess I have to be surprised again when writing the code

A simple table, you try to find, is absent, but the information can be got in the JY997D16601N document. Using it you can easy build own.

http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy997d16601/jy997d16601n.pdf

Got surprised again I'm reading information from a frequency drive and store the status word in D200, that's not a problem. But when trying to pick out the different status bits, like the running feedback status in D200.2 as a Boolean bit. The compiler refuses to accept it. There's no problem to move D200 to a range of M positions, but it seems to me that the FX3G was not the best choice of CPU. Or could this be changed by some setting for the compiler ? Let's see what next surprise will be

This can not be changed by compiler settings.