Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Invisible_man

Email blues

1 post in this topic

Hello everybody! I am using a Mitsubishi L06-CPU for controlling a hydro power installation and in case of an fault in the system, the plc needs to be able to send an email to the operator to inform him about the fault. Attached to the PLC i have a Mitsubishi GOT16 HMI panel which is able to send emails, but only to an anonymous email server which is a no go for me because i seldom have a smtp-server at my disposal which doesn't require an username and password, so using the GOT16 for emailing is a no go. The build in ethernet port of the L06-CPU doesn't email at all. Now i have the LJ71E71-100 ethernet card for the L-CPU which does support non-anonymous smtp-servers and which allows me to build and send the email text in the plc-program. Only problem, GX-works 2 doesn't know the instruction i need to send email. This instruction is called ZP.MSEND. Does anybody know how i can use this card with GX-works 2 to send emails? And alternatively, does anybody knows a different solution for sending emails from the L06-CPU over the internet (most installations will have a DSL-connection)? Maybe a solution with an external device which i can control over modbus-tcp. Thanks a lot in advance!