Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryll

64 bit values in a FX3U

4 posts in this topic

Need to read a couple of values from a ABB B24 energy meter via Modbus RTU. Some of the values occupies 4 registers (4 x 16 bits). Anyone with a good suggestion how to present this on the HMI before I start testing myself ? Working with GX IEC Dev. The HMI is a E1101

Bryll, Once I wrote in this topic, how to represent on HMI screen a value, that is being read from some device via network, depends on representation of the value in datagram. 64-bit format is not informative data to give you a suggestion. The 64-bit may contain BIN, BCD and other data format...

What the energy meter will return as an example, is a reply for accumulated kWh with the size of 4 registers (signed) with the resolution of 0.01kWh. I could discard the two highest registers, but when the unit has been in operation long enough will I need the two upper registers to present a correct value. That will give me 21 474 836,47 kWh as the maximum value if I only use two registers. It might be enough for the first ten years of operation, so I'll go for it

Likely, the recieving data is represented in BCD format (in range 0000000000000000h-9999999999999999h = 00000000000000.00-99999999999999.99 kWh ) Thus to dispay it on HMI screen you should use HEX format. If the value from e-meter is represented in BIN format (while it would be a little bit stange to use BIN), you should convert it into BCD before.