Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoBoots

Can't change Timer time

3 posts in this topic

I’ve been struggling a time to enlarge the time of a timer in to my plc. When I adjust the timer in cx-programmer and send it to the plc, the timer is adjusted. In the monitor mode, I can use the timer and it's the new lager value. When I use the plc it keeps on working on its old value. A compare of my new program and the one in the plc is successful.. and I can see the new time in my program but the plc keeps on using the old time. When I upload the program from my plc to my pc it's the new time. Anyone a suggestion what I'm missing? Best regards, Geert (plc type: CPM2A)

Are you changing the code, or changing a value in a register? If you are changing the code, and the value of the timer is a constant, do not forget to put the # sign in front of the number. For instance, #10 = 1.0 s (constant value) when used in a TIM instruction. Can you post a picture of the timer while online monitoring the PLC code?

Problem found. and it was stupid ... I feel stupid... The output was switched by 2 timers and 2 different inputs. The one I found, simulated and tested, and an other where the push button was connected to, witch I used for the real live tests, en where i never changed the time for... Problem solved so far, now just need to find out where the other push button is.... (just gonna discontect it and see who will complain..) Thanks for thinking with me. Geert