Difool

NS + barcode scanner and special characters

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Datalogic GD4430 barcode scanner and a Omron NS5 touchscreen. When I scan a barcode that contains characters CR (0x0D) or LF (0x0A), nothing appears on the text input on the screen.Scanning a barcode that doesn't contains special characters (excepted STX and ETX) works perfectly. How to get a barcode that contain CR or LF characters ?Thanks

Have you ever got a barcode that contain CR or LF characters ? I am also looking forward to it these days. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Pan

Hi I have some experience with scanners, special on SICK, the CR or LF, those characters are programmed on the scanner to be send or ignored. Have a look on the scanner setup, if you are sending the CR or LF, also be sure you have the appropriate number of characters to be received in your PLC or touch screen, on the SICK scanners you can write the value 0D on a DM and after display it on the HMI. Thanks, Jose

I have a SICK IDM141-300s that I'm trying to get to input into an OMRON NS-Q11B-V2 touchscreen. I've verified everything you mention above. Made a cable to the exact pinouts for both OMRON and the SICK. Still nothing goes into my string input. I'm pulling my hair out here. Anything I might be missing?