Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sonia

OMRON CJ1W-SCU31-V1 modbus card programming example

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I am currently working on a OMRON CJ2M-33CPU PLC that has a CJ1W-SCU31-V1 serial modbus card. The device is configured as a slave and must communicate to an allen bradley Micro850 PLC (master). On the allen bradley side I got some examples and instructions how to send data (write to the OMRON). I am using MSG_MODBUS block. What do I do in the OMRON side to read data coming from the allen bradley PLC? I have already done the configurations: Modbus RTU slave, baud rate etc. just not very sure how to read data from the ladder programming side of my OMRON. Can anyone assist please? Sonia

Write everything to DM0 up in the Omron if you have set that as the Modbus slave area. Then read holfing registers starting at 0 from the AB. I do this for BMS systems all the time.

Thank you very much BobB. As I was about to test, I got an error on the Micro850 AB PLC. The program that must write to the OMRON PLC gives me an errorID 21 on the MSG_MODBUS Block: A local channel configuration parameter error exists. Does anyone know what does this mean?