Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
letranlong

Mitsubishi GX Developer - uploading/downloading/ memory plc program from PLC

6 posts in this topic

I need to do some research on Mitsubishi PLC program. I want to download original program (made by someone else, I have no source code) and save on PC (with GX developer) from PLC, play a little with its copy (on PLC) and then upload original program to PLC. Is it safe ? Will PLC work as before manipulating program ? Are there any traps ? Is you can guess I'm starting my adventure with this technology Edited by letranlong

Of course it's safe (as far as the program goes). But what you do with your code in the program has nothing to do with the PLC. If you change the program and download to the CPU, then NO, it won't work the same as before unless you put the original program back in it. Upload from the PLC, save it. Open it, pick Save As, and change the name. Now play with the second copy. That way you can always open the original file and download it again if your changes don't work. This is common sense. It has nothing to do with PLC or Mitsubishi. If you edit a Word document, it's exactly the same.

dear Crossbow thank you helping I have a question for you please help me i have a types plc mitsubishi FX2-32MT, when I upload programs and upload data all in plc but me upload being error i have a question for your help, i have found errors when i upload plc prorgam mitsubishi FX2-32MT but upload plc programs being errors device memory those errors are shown that i send attach image. how to this modify errors could you help thank you so much for your time and consideration. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri1sa467ke9e3wq/Untitled8.mp4?dl=0 Edited by letranlong

The message says you uploaded parameters at the same time as data memory. It is just a warning. You got all your data. With some of the controllers, the number of available memory addresses can be changed via parameters. It simply warns that it uploaded based on the number of variables in the project, which may have been different than the number in the program in the CPU. It said do another upload to ensure all data, but with FX2 this should not be required.

thank you so much for your time and consideration. but you say a problems, I don't know, this is here but with FX2 this should not be required but with FX2 this should not be required what is it mean ???? sory you so I speak English very bad Edited by letranlong

With some PLC like Q series you can change the number of addresses available in each memory area. FX cannot do that. I personally think the software is showing you the wrong error message.