manav

Password problem

13 posts in this topic

I have forgotten the user name and password of Factory Talk network directory on my laptop. Hence am unable to log on to factory talk to open RSViewSE Distributed for an appication I need to modify. Any workaround for this? Can I un-install / re-install any software to work around this? And if so then what components of RSViewSE / Factory Talk need to be re-installed? I had a similar problem about 6 months back. As my Laptop was getting extra RAM at the time I just formatted the system and installed everything again, but would hate to do the format this time. Thanks in advance guys.

Post the page where the password is prompting Cannot get past the Configure Administrator Account in FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard.When running the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard, you cannot get past the configure administrator account. The user name and passw Question Cannot get past the Configure Administrator Account in FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard Answer Problem: When running the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard, you cannot get past the configure administrator account. The user name and password are entered, and the Next button is selected, but the wizard doesn't continue. This typically occurs during the FactoryTalk installation. Cause: For unknown reasons, Microsoft DLL, which the wizard uses, have been unregistered. Verify: Cure: Re-register the following DLLs, located in the Windows\System32 directory OLE32.dll Actxprxy.dll Msxml.dll Msxml3.dll http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Thanks will try the above and get back.

This is the message I am getting. I do not remember the user name or password. On trying the ones I think I would have used I get the message : "unable to authenticate user".

At this point it would be advisable to Contact your Rockwell Representative since discussion of password cracks and work arounds is contrary to mrplc policy. Knowledgebase Answer ID 36776 has a patch which might help as well. it starts out as follows: "When a login to the FactoryTalk Administration Console or RSView Studio fails, the only message displayed to the user is Unable to Authenticate User. No reason is given. There is also no reason logged to FactoryTalk Diagnostics. A failure will be logged as Login failure of user [userName] on directory [Network]"

To clarify, I am not looking for any hacker type solutions. I have simply forgotten the user name / password of factory talk network directory. For this reason I cannot open SE Distributed. My simple options are: 1. To re-install all components of RSViewSE including Factory Talk and re-register network directory name n pwd. I do not know if this will work as I have not done this before. 2. To format my laptop and install SE again. I am sure if this will work as I have done this before. But I would hate to do this right now as my laptop is set up perfectly and only SE distributed is not working on it. Everything else is working fine. This is my last option and I want to make sure this is the only option left before pursuing it. Thanks.

what version rsview studio se you are using?

RSView SE Studio Version 4.00 CPR7

Try this link http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Thanks. Will try and let you know.

Got the user name and passsword thru hit n trial. So no prob there. Thanks for all the help!!

Hi rpraveenkum On my laptop i had a temporary activation of RSview ME 4.0 installed by a rockwell rep who has since left... I do not know what the Username and PW that was used to Log On to Factory talk??? When V4.0 was installed the computers name is different to what it currently is called now. I have now purchased the latest V5.0 and tried to install but i come up with the following pop up once RS View Studio had been opened. "RSLinx Enterprise" Computer X does not exist in the FactoryTalk Directory.Contact your Administrator for more information???? (X = the new name of my laptop) I have uninstalled the software from my Laptop using the uninstall from the software disk and have tried deleting the .dll files etc from your past forum posts. For some reason it is still looking at the Old username and from the previous install.. Do you have any suggestions?

The surest way to render the FactoryTalk directory unusable is to change the computer name after FactoryTalk is installed, or to move the computer onto a Windows Domain after FactoryTalk is installed. RA Technical Support is familiar with the resolution for both of those problems, and is also capable of providing lost FactoryTalk usernames and passwords.