Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron_S

FX2n-4ad TC

3 posts in this topic

Hello I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a FX2n-4AD TC that I am shortly to take to site to fit to an FX1n plc. At present they are using normal temperature controllers for the heating control but 'unknown' operatives keep meddling with the temperature settings and recently someone altered the 'over temperature' and 'under temperature' settings causing massive problems. Even though the temperature controllers have been locked out from being changed, someone knows the unlock code, even though they have changed it many times. SO they want the PLC to know the temperature, especially the under and over temperatures so it can take the appropriate action regardless of what these temperature controllers are set at. Now the crux. I have studied the manuals for the fx2n ad tc until I am blue in the face and I am not sure I have got it right and I have no plc here to practice with. I don't want to go site and spend hours just trying to configure them. So here are my settings: The special unit will be plugged into the right hand side of the FX1n and no other extensions are plugged in I will be wiring 3, type K thermocouples to the first three connections - the forth being not used. I don't yet know the D registers I will be using for the readings from the FROM instruction until I read the program What are the lines of code I need to write to get the values from these 3 thermocouples. As I said, I have read the manuals and I might have got it - but I probably haven't Could anyone tell me the exact lines I need for the settings above Thank you.

Hi All the buffer information is in section 6 of the manual (flimsy sheet of paper in the box!) You need to send H3000 to Buffer 0 to switch off the last channel and set the others as K For basic whole number temperatures read BFM# 1,2,3 Section 8 sample program shows you the FROM instruction on the M1 contact reading from buffer 5 to D0 for 2 channels eg BFM #5 and #6 will go to D0 and D1. Note in the Mitsi example on the sheet FROM K2 is the third block so change that to the position yours is in. Hope that helps

Thank you for your help. That clears some doubts I had Ron