Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sailor101

Mitsubishi E1043

7 posts in this topic

Hello folks, I am currently trying to perform an update on a Mitsubishi E1043 touchscreen control panel. I will be honest - I have completely no idea what I am doing and hope you can help me. I have a program called SAIA PG5 1.4 which I am using in an attempt to upload a file via USB supplied to me by the manufacturer which will allow the units backlight to function correctly. The error I keep receiving is 'Port not open' - I think Windows will not recognise the unit or something or the port settings are incorrect (Screenshots attached) My current settings are: Channel Name: S-Bus USB CPU Number: 0 S-Bus Station: 0, Auto Y, PGU: N When I plug the 1043 into the USB the blue light comes on, but Windows does not make the 'ding' noise I usually hear when connecting USB devices. Any advice appreciated! If you need more info just ask................ Edited by sailor101

Never heard of that software. Mitsubishi E-terminals program in a software called E-Designer.

Would it be possible to use the E-terminals program to apply the update?

Hi Sailor, It depend on if your update is written in E-Designer too. Normally E-Designer is the standard program for Beijer MAC terminals. Looking at the file you have selected to download to the terminal it is not a E-Designer format. This will standard end with the extention ".MPA" The SAIA software is from Burgess PLC's. Best regards, Theo V.

Hi Sailor, I checked in E-Designer the driver options (I use version 7.52) There are two drivers available to let the MAC E-terminal communicate with a "beSAIA" PLC. One is a serial driver and one is an Ethernet driver. This should implicate that you can connect the terminal to a Saia PLC but still the terminalprogram extention is not correct and the download will not start I think. The serial connection settings from the PC to the MAC terminal is RS232 9600 baud, None, 8, 1 The connection from a MAC to a SAIA PLC is S-Bus serial/S-Bus V4.05.00 If you want to give it a try you can use a serial cable (CAB30?) to Com port 2 of the MAC and a converter from serial 9-pin to USB for the PC but I'm not confident it works with the file at your D:\ drive. Look for a collegue in your neighborhood who has E-Designer installed before you spent money on this software. (not freeware) Beste regards, Theo V.

Hi Theo, I'm on a ship in the Atlantic - theres not many people in the neighbourhood out here! The E1043 a new control panel for a ships tunnel thruster, luckily I didn't pay for it! The company it was purchased from supplied the software and update and said we must apply it ourselves in order to make the panel functional (bit of a rip off if you ask me). I will have a look around for a serial cable in the morning................I'm sure I can borrow one from another piece of equipment. I also have an ethernet cable - the program has an option called Socket - is this ethernet? I figured maybe I could power the unit via usb and do the data bit via ethernet? The software I have been sent with the unit does include a driver - but I'm not sure if its working. Is there a way to see if the unit has connected to the computer or if the driver is functional? (I am using a standard USB cable). Edited by sailor101

What is the program extention? Is it *.dat? If not can you get them to supply the "Project Transfer" file which will be a *.dat file? Load this on to a USB stick, plug it into your HMI, accept update, job done. Assuming you have access to a USB memory stick. Edit: It looks like your software and program are for the PLC not the HMI. See page 24.... http://web.ist.utl.pt/ist11390/AI/SAIA%20PCD3%20Series.pdf You need to plug it into the PLC USB port not the HMI port. Edited by Veganic