Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CapinWinky

Altivar 32 in native control mode on Ethernet/IP on PacDrive3

3 posts in this topic

Schneider doesn't have the Sercos 3 interface out for the Altivar 32, and I'm going to use the Ethernet/IP interface until they do (not my choice). I found documentation on the CIP basic and CIP advanced control, and honestly, I will probably use one of those two, but I'm curious about the "Native" control, which seems sparsely documented. SoMachine Motion doesn't label any of the input/output words and it looks like you're supposed to custom select parameters that will be read/written using the drive's web server. Just wondering if anyone has an app note, bonus if it's explicitly for PacDrive3. Related, I'm a little fuzzy on explicit messaging with Ethernet/IP, but it seems that's what I'll need to do to setup the motor parameters and possibly to configure the "Native" control words. Any examples of that on PacDrive3 would be nice. I have a manual with the file name: ATV32_Modbus_TCP_EtherNet_IP_Manual_S1A28701_02.pdf that has been really helpful and may even answer all my questions, but it looses me in a few spots, such as how a parameter is addressed with explicit messaging.

Here is a list of all the parameters. I have never used pacdrive so cant give any tips on that side. But in the excel file you will see the complete list of registers. Next to the name of the register is the logical address which you will select in somove or on the drive's webpage in the in and out scanner tables. ATV32_communication_parameters_S1A44568_V2.1.xls.zip
1 person likes this

Thanks a lot for that Sparky, it was super useful. I did notice it was missing the MPC parameter to select if you are using Cos Phi or Rated Power (the embedded webpage is also missing it). I'm guessing is 16#91/16#01/16#0F or similar and may do some experimenting to find out, but for now I'm just hoping I don't need to use it.