Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rirazvan

MR-J2S-A master/salve/tandem axis, option parameters visible

1 post in this topic

Hello, I did built a gantry CNC 1500x1300mm as in picture: LinuxCNC :: Topic: Step or velocity control for servo gantry (1/4) 4 x MR-J2S-40A, 1x MR-J2S-70A, LinuxCNC 2.6.4, Mesa 5i25+ 7i77/7i85S On Y1 and Y2 axis I use MR-J2S-40A drivers with compatible 400W motor with pulley axis driver 2:1. I also used linear scales for secondary feedback on all axis (including y master and y slave). The motors are in velocity control mode. I have a problem on Y axis because the system is unstable and sometimes after a LinuxCnc software update slave y axis get stucked. That is the reason we decided to master - slave connect y amplifiers instead of doing it in LinuxCNC software . As far as I understand there are two options : 1. Using pulse output from the master to connect to pulse input of the slave amplifier and in this case slave amplifier will follow the master pulse and the master will receive the DRIVE ENABLE and velocity analog signal. 2. Using master - slave RS422 communications between amplifiers according to the following document: ftp://81.105.173.212/SERVO/Legacy%20...B32110-018.pdf The document refers to amplifiers produced starting 2004. The ones we use are built in 2008 as far as I decode the label so there should be this feature on firmware. The problem is that I do not have access to parameter 106 as per document. This parameter should be in optional parameters. In my case I can only see parameters until 84 on amplifier / Mr Configuarator. How can I access optional parameters on MR-J2S-A? I would appreciate any ideas, I relay want to finish the machine.