Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RodriCA

StructuredLadder Upload

7 posts in this topic

Hello i have one question about GXworks2. I have made a program (strucutred program) with structured ladder in GXworks 2 for a Q Mitsubishi PLC. After downloading the program, if I don't have the source code, when an upload is performed I get the program with simple ladder. Is it possible to restore the program as a strucutured ladder prog? The problem is that after I leave the prog. to the client, if he looses the source code and changes have been made, I won#t be able to get the prog. in strucutred ladder any more. Also sometimes windows crashed and my saved prog. was not the same as the version I had on the PLC. Best regards

You would need the source code. but why not download the source code(symbolic information)?

I cannot donwload the symbolic information because of the size of the prog. There is not enough space.

Download the symbolic info to the mem card or if you have many programs files change the on line change steps so you free up more memory.

Thanks, I will try using the mem card when Im on site. If you have more ideas or comments they are welcome.

Hello I have another Question, how do you download only the Symbolic Info to the mem card? If the symbolic Info is downloaded on the card, and changes are made on the program, will the updated progam with symbols be uploaded if I connect myself with the plc, without source code, and perform an upload? Is it necesary to save the symbolic info on the mem card every time a change is made in the logic? Thanx in advance

just change the target memory for symbolic information