Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg O

Connecting to FX3GE remotely

7 posts in this topic

Hi all my first post so sorry if I get it wrong. I have just bought an FX3GE to experiment with for home automation. I am having troble connecting remotley via GX Works2. I can connect via the web monitoring interface on the PLC so I know that my router and static ip are ok for that, but I have also passed port 5556 through so that I can connect with GX Works. But No luck. I have been looking on the web monitoring tool to see if connections are coming through but nothing. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks Greg

All Sorted from my perspective but this may stillexist as an issue for some others, as I decided to create a DMZ on my network and place the FX3GE on the DMZ which has given me full acces to all the ethernet functionality but now I have to work ou how to password protect it. Cheers Greg

Personally I wouldn't go with DMZ, I would ask Mitsubishi to verify exactly what ports it is using and then just open those... DMZ opens all ports.

I have only set up remote connections with the FX3U cpu and GX IEC Developer, so my questions might sound a bit stupid Is GX Works using port 5556 towards the cpu? GX IEC is using port 5551 to the FX3U. Did you activate the "Router Relay function" with the correct router IP address ?

Thanks Sparky I'll give it a try. I have found the new FX3GE to be pretty buggy. When you connect remotely via the net it won't give you access to the ethernet parameters, and as such if you remotely alter the program and upload it, the PLC becomes unavailable. So you then have to connect via usb and reset all the ethernet parameters back to what you had. it also needs to be power cycled between ethernet setting changes.

Hi All, I tried to remotely access the FX3GE by data monitoring is ok. However i can't connect it through GX-Works2. May i know how to set the port no:5556 or 5551 in GX-Works2?

You cannot change the port which GX Works2 uses.