Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiburonlax

S7-1200 High Speed Counter wired to Incremental Shaft Encoder

1 post in this topic

Greetings, I am trying to get a Incremental Shaft Encoder to count on my HSC in my 1200 project. I have assigned the first 2 inputs and enabled the high speed counter and set up as: "Count", "A/B Counter Fourfold", and "count up". I could not get any type of pulse until I spoke with the manufacturer of the encoder, and they had me install a 2.2k ohm resister between my signal and 24v+. I assigned my counter to %ID900 and It somewhat works now but it appears to count approximately the same number of pulses regardless of how many revolutions the shaft makes and only counts at the very beginning of the on cycle and the very end of the off cycle... (as if the encoder is pulsing too fast). It is a 200 pulse per cycle (I assume revolution), and revolves at a rate of about 1 per sec. Can anyone off the top of their head think of why its not accurately counting. I can only get about 60-70 pulses on it no matter time it is rotating and mainly at the last milliseconds of the motor being on. It is a 24v "open collector". This is the first time I have worked with an encoder. Here is the encoder: http://encoder.com/core/files/encoder/products/6a42f3fd9d38e0f070dc82bc1dcbb222.pdf EncoderWhiteSheet.pdf