rajsiyer

Sinamics G-120 Drive on Profinet

5 posts in this topic

Dear Friends, In my present project, I have a S7-1500 PLC & 3 Nos, Sinamics VFDs(PM-240s) with Profinet ports.(CU-240E -2PN) The drives and PLCs are on the same Profinet network. I wish to know the essentials of controlling the command and speed reference of these drives directly from the PLC on profinet. Reading the help in TIA portal got me nowhere its all about Telegrams and things that I haven't figured out yet Thanks for looking in; I shall greatly value all help and advice.

Hello Raj, you must parametrize these telegrams with SW Starter (free) or Scout (licensed) here is link http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mc-systems/en/automation-systems/mc-system-simotion/motion-control-software/Pages/software-iec-61131.aspx Jenda Edited by Jenda29

Jenda, Thanks a lot.. Since the time of posting, I have read further into the subject. As I understand, TIA portal has Technology functions for connecting to the VFDs on Profinet. These are called TO_AxisPosition and TO_AxisSpeed. The first one is for using the VFDs in positioning applications such as conveyors and the second one is for basic ON/OFF + speed control as is the case with my present requirement. It appears to be fairly straight forward... 1. We begin by dragging the appropriate model of the VFD into the network/topology view and connect it to the Profinet port of the selected PLC. For any given model of VFD, there are certain Drive-Objects or DOs that can be dragged into 'slots' of the VFD module. For basic speed control, the DO with standard-telegram 1 is sufficient. 2. Next, in the "Program Blocks" folder, we have to add the corresponding Technology-Objects such as TO_AxisSpeed. This Technology-object is associated with the telegram we have selected in step-1 3. In the PLC-program, we use the corresponding function blocks such as MC_Power and MC_MoveVelocity and associate variables to these blocks so that we can control the drive. I believe that this is all there to it. But since you are mentioning the need for parametrization of the telegrams, I will certainly look into it. And One last question.. How do you configure the variables for Voltage, current, power, torque.. etc from the drive on Profinet in TIA Portal? Thanks and Dobry Dehn,

Hello Raj, yes, you are right ! this PTO/PWM function is possible for easy applications without feedback from the motor encoder. IMHO you need these basic function - MC_power, MC_home, MC_MoveJog, MC_MoveAbsolute or MC_MoveRelative and last MC_CommandTable for traversing, if you need. And your last question ..... sorry, honestly I do not know , every time I always used Starter or Scout for advanced features and safety Have a nice day (???? ??? ??? ??) J Edited by Jenda29

Jendha, Dobry Dehn. (The Slavic Dehn you use is the same as our Din in HIndi..) Good hindi, Actually I speak many languages though my mother tongue is Tamil in which I am illiterate! Actually, in my application I need only start/stop and speed control of pumps. Additionally, on SCADA/HMI I need to display the other things such as voltage and current. All said and done, I think using the technology objects and function blocks MC_power + MC_Movevelocity would be enough for the control of the pumps; For the display of voltage/current/power I think I have to configure a telegram on SW Starter/scout. There is another question that I've posted for you. Thanks