Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonABTX

C200H-AD001 Analog Input Card

8 posts in this topic

I am attempting to use an AD001 analog input card to scale a 0-10v signal from a laser which is measuring distance in mm for positioning a cutting head on a trimmer used in trimming excess material from finished product as it runs thru the trimmer. I want to use the laser to replace the encoder based setup currently employed. I want to increase the scaling in the AD001 by ten to get a higher resolution resulting in finer movement of the cutting head. In the manual for the AD001 it states that to get the card to accept the new scaling the power to the card must be cycled or the corresponding Special I/O Restart Bit (AR Bit) must be turned on to initiate restart of the card. I would prefer not to cycle power to the PLC as this initiates a homing sequence and a loss of positioning settings of the trimmer which is a nuisance. My question is how do I toggle the corresponding AR bit on/off to prompt restart of the AD001? Thanks for any help you that you can give me. Jason

Assuming that this is a C200H-AD001 card, we need to know what PLC you are using to be able to answer this question. C200H, C200HS, C200Halpha (HG, HE, HX) or CS1?

Open the watch window at the bottom of CX-Programmer. Go to the View pulldown menu, then choose Windows then choose Watch. Double click an empty line and add one of the following addresses, depending upon the unit number dialed in on the front of the module. The above chart was taken from the C200H Analog manual. This is what the window will look like when you add the bit (unit #0 in this example): Then right click on the bit and choose SET. The PLC will need to be in Monitor mode to do this, it should ask you if you want to switch to monitor, which will not stop your machine. Say yes. Once the unit has been reset, I believe the bit turns off on its own. If not, right click and choose reset.

You could also restart the unit by double-clicking on the module in the I/O table. There is a restart button on the configuration page near the bottom right corner. You would also have to be in monitor to do this as well.

Thanks Michael. I have been using the watch window to monitor important info during operation of the trimmer but I did not know I could use it to change values in monitor mode. This sounds similar to the monitor tab of the program tags window in A/B RSLogix. I should have made the connection. Thanks for your help. Jason

I like your second posts solution as well. I did not think to access the module via I/O table. Again thanks for your assistance. I will update results. After the holiday weekend. Jason

My mistake on this one above. That is only an option if you have a CS1 PLC and are using the AD001. I just tried it with a C200H and that does not appear to be an option with the C200H. You will have to use the first method.