Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gixxerman

Telemecanique Smart Relay

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an SR1 B201B Smart Relay with 12 in/ 8 Out and a SR1 CBL01 Relay PC cable, and I'm having difficulty communicating with the unit. Does anyone know if this is the proper comm cable for this unit, and will any version of Zeliosoft work with it? Thanks,

Cable is correct. Are you using a real serial port or a USB-serial adapter? USB-serial adapters can be a royal pain with PLCs.

I am unfortunately using a USB_Serial adapter. It's has worked for other connections, so I assumed that it would work with this. Do you know if the version of Zeliosoft matters? My unit isn't listed, so I picked the SR2 unit assuming that it was the direct replacement. Do you see any issues with this?

If your unit isn't listed, your software is too old, and that would make a difference. You can't just select a similar unit. Check with Schneider Electric to see if they have a USB cable for Zelio. Other companies with smart relay units do have USB programming cables.

It's always better to have a cable with USB. New laptop models are developed without serial port available as jack. So, what remains is to use either a cable with USB(better), or a RSnnn - USB(I have tried two and both didn't work good). Recently we had a co-operation with another company, we had to make the mechanics and they they the electronics. The PLC in that case was Siemens S7-200, but the programmer was using an adapter serial -> RS232 and he said he used to have problems until he changed the communication speed. So, read in the Zelio manual if there are some baud rate, parity and other similar values and set them in the settings(if available).

I had few problem to upload with zelio controller in the past. The version of Zeliosoft used to program the controller must be the same used for upload for be able to upload project.