Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

How to set the language switch?

2 posts in this topic

I have found the switch (in the label tab of an objects properties) that allows you to store 2 or more different languages within the label of a button. Now I want another button, within the HMI, to set this switch to a particular language. How do I do this?

Write the label number that you want into $SW10 (System word 10). You can find out what the system words and bits are by clicking on the System settings and navigating as shown below: This window describes what all of the system words and bits are, you can see that the highlighted box says that $SW10 is the Current Label Number. Writing a 1 in this word will switch it to label 1. The picture shows the default setup of BCD as the format. You can certainly change it to Binary (integer) format. You just need to make sure that the button writes the proper format into $SW10. Of course this only matters if you have 10 or more languages. You can also map these system bits and words to the PLC memory and control them by referencing either the $SW address in the HMI or the PLC Address (in ladder or from the HMI). To do this simply change the $SB or $SW Allocation addresses shown in the above picture on the Initial tab of the System Setting Window.
1 person likes this