Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vaggelis

Help with communication protocol

11 posts in this topic

hi, I am working now with one plc FX3U cpu. I want to build a program with vb.net to read plc data. I found on net the mx component but i don't want right now to use it.I Also found the protocol but i have a question on this.How calculate the address. For example the D123 i found Algorithm Address=address*2 +1000h. i need some example here because the result is 31h,30h,46h,36h but i can't found how calculated. i try to calculate D123*2 decimal values + 1000h to decimal and all to hex but with no result. Thanks

Hi, FX ASCII protocol is a mixture of octal, decimal, hexadecimal and ASCII. There is also two addressing modes. I have only used the extended mode. When I wrote the driver I made some blocking sheets. This was one part regarding reading data. It should be right. Use PeakHMI in demo mode and issue a read while monitoring the serial port if it does not work for you. The stream from PeakHMI will be correct.

thanks sparky, It's very usefull the protocol frames do you have an example for data address how to convert it?

Hello, This is what I have in my notes. Glancing at the source code they look correct.

Hello, Might I ask, why are you wanting to write something in VB and not use an "off the shelf solution"? School? Learning? Challenge? Nothing off the shelf fits your needs? Cost? Just wondering.

i am working on ships and we have nitrogen generator with mitsubishi HMI and PLC. With hot ambient temperature this system cannot communicate(hmi with plc) and we alrady had claim about this. I wont to take out the hmi and with my program control the plc. i don't know if i will do it but i will give a try. i don't wont to buy the control because it's expensive and i am not working with mitsubishi plc's and HMI's.

Hello, Thanks for the answer. >i don't wont to buy the control because it's expensive I assume you are referring to software cost. What do you consider expensive? How much money is too much money, for a HMI software suite?

Hi Mark, Your thumbnail for read command (E/0x45) was very useful for me. Do you have similar notes for writing to a register (say writing to a Dxxx register)? Thanks Edited by vipresh

Hello, This might help.

Thanks Mark. It worked. Just for information, I am developing a web-server so that a Mitsubishi PLC can be accessed thru internet. Both PLC and web-server are packaged in the same cabinet