Iandb

E1071 - Can not save reciepes

2 posts in this topic

I have a customer who has an old E910 screen that failed. Our option for changing this is an E1071 however having sent this to site the customer is unable to save and use the reciepes function causing him some troubles. Using E-Designer 7 when open the orginal programme file and select Project Properties I see Op Terminal is E910 6.1x so I changed this to E1071 Landscape from this list. This appears to work and it operates all ok and gives full functionality with our system and we have done several of these with no other issue reported. It may just be that other times doing this the users have not chosen to use the reciepe function hence why we have no other reports. Also on our test screen I have left the Op terminal as E910 6.1x and have been able to save a number of reciepes but it will only hold settings for a couple of them. Not sure if this is the case when Op terminal changed to E1071 as not personally tried. Any advice offered greatly appreciated Ian Edited by Iandb

Note sure if this is your problem but I have had similar problems myself and the issue was that old Beijer Terminals only used 8 chars for the file-name but the new E1000 range use 32 chars that overwrite data in the PLC. Use "SCRR" in the command line forces the terminal to only use 8 chars as the file name. Look in the E-Designer help file ("Creating a Recipe With The Operator Panel") as it describes this.