Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
semilogical

Current GE Ladder Programming Software for 90-30

4 posts in this topic

I've had a customer call that needs software for his old PLC system. The system was installed in the 1998-1999 time frame and has been working OK on a daily basis. The customer wants to monitor the system from time to time and does not have software to do the interface. We no longer have the old software (I'm guessing LogicMaster), but we do have Cimplicity. I cannot get the new software to even look at an old project. Anyone out there have an idea of which direction I should go? Am I even trying to use the right software? Thanks

The current GE 90-30 programming software is called Proficy ME (Machine Edition). The standard version will program the GE 90-30 PLCs, VersaMax and the Micro PLCs. It cost about $900.00. If you want to program the entire suite of the GE product line, including the PACs systems and motion, the software will cost a good deal more. Your local GE distributor should be able to provide you with pricing and part numbers. Regards

The Cimplicity name has been applied to many GE Fanuc software products including both their HMI/SCADA software and their PLC programming software. The current name for the PLC programming software is Proficy Machine Edition, but there were versions that were sold under the Cimplicity name. Are you sure you're running the PLC programming software? It's also possible that the CPU firmware version is too old for the programming software, although there is an option selection that will allow you to communicate with firmware versions that are nominally too old.

If the PLC its running and you want to see the program in it, you have to do it with LM 90, but if you want to reprogram it you can do it with Proficy machine edition.